MacLeod Port Hawkesbury Nursing Home
About This Job
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, as the Dietary Cook you are accountable for the timely and accurate production of meals that meet general and individual dietary requirements. The Dietary Cook adheres to all policies and regulations for safety, hygiene and the Home’s food preparation processes.
- Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Quality Assurance
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ensure all menu items are prepared and served according to approved menu and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assure that the presentation of all menu items are served in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature standards.
- adhere to established standards.
- Prepare meals based on nutritional programs and individual plans.
- Ensure the quality of meals in regards to taste, presentation and dietary requirements established by Support Services Manager.
- Assists in the ordering of supplies and maintaining inventory control at the direction of the Support Services Manager.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering, labelling and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Work at efficient and consistent pace to ensure timely preparation of all meals.
- Ensure that each resident receives meals corresponding to their dietary requirements and ensuring proper texture.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Assure that all food and other departmental supplies are ordered and received in a timely manner so that adequate inventory levels are maintained to support volume or anticipated volume
- Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees
- Follow and comply with health and safety legislation, departmental safe work procedures
- Comply with all provincial regulations/standards and established department policies and procedures
- Be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- Attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- Attend resident meetings as required to be aware of changes and provide input
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Professional diploma in food services or acceptable equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
- Working experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Possess a clear Venerable Sector Criminal Records Check
- Food Handlers Certificate
- WHMIS Certificate
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to cooperate with other employees.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Economical use of supplies, care and use of equipment.
- Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities with little supervision.
At MacLeod Cares, we pride ourselves of offering a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package. MacLeod Cares is also an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.