Keeping Safe During COVID-19
MacLeodCares is committed to the health and safety of our residents, employees, designated caregivers and partners in care. We have implemented all pandemic protocols at all of our homes. Our entire organization is focused on keeping our residents and employees healthy and safe while respecting and facilitating designated caregiver and family access where permitted.
Public Health protocols and directives are changing daily. We understand it can be confusing and difficult to get current information applicable to your location. For specific information on a Home, please contact that Home directly. You can find a listing of all our locations here
For more provincial COVID-19 updates, scroll down to the Provincial Websites section.
OUR PANDEMIC PLAN AND APPROACH TO CARE:
- Daily Updates: Each day our Homes receive updated Public Health directives. Our Directors and Site Managers meet with the care teams at each Home to review the latest directives and ensure they are communicated throughout the Home to all employees, Designated Care Givers and Partners in Care.
- High Alert Areas: As a result of an increase of COVID-19 cases in certain geographic areas, we will sometimes take additional measures that restrict access to the Home. We know these changes may seem sudden and can result in inconvenience for families and loved ones. Please know that any decision we make is resulting from our professional assessment and mandate to keep our residents, families and employees as safe as possible.
- Visitor Screening and Access: Each of our Homes will follow the current Public Health and Provincial directives on screening and visitation. Each province may have variations so please check with the specific Home in advance of making a visit to a resident.
- Employee Screening: All employees are screened daily as per public health directives. Screening protocols include temperature checks upon arrival and screening questions.
- Public Health Protocols for Designated Care Givers and Partners in Care: All of our Homes follow Public Health directives for Care Givers and Partners in Care including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), washing hands and physical (social) distancing.
- Activities: We are working to increase recreation programming and staffing in order to offer more programs to keep residents engaged and active.
- Staying Connected: Staying connected with loved ones is important. Our care team members are happy to pass along messages, book video visits and deliver gifts. For all parcels and deliveries, please check in advance with the Home to ensure the gift can be received, quarantined if necessary, and delivered on time
- Dining: Dining rooms and meal service have been adapted to ensure physical distancing standards. During periods of high risk this may include in-room dining.
- Supplies: Each of our Homes have additional inventory of medical, food, cleaning and operational supplies. These are in addition to provincial supplies that are available to all Homes.
- Cleaning: All Homes are following Public Health protocols for deep cleaning and regular scheduled cleaning for high touch areas.
- Communications Updates: Each Home has a contact list for resident family and loved ones who wish to receive email updates. If you are not currently receiving these messages, please contact your Home to be added to their email list.
WHAT IF THERE IS A POSITIVE CASE AT MACLEOD CARES? In the event that we should experience a positive COVID-19 test at one of our locations, you can find an overview of the immediate steps that will be taken here
PROVINCIAL COVID-19 WEBSITES: Please see the most current information regarding COVID-19 and visitation policies at the provincial websites noted below:
If you have questions or concerns specific to your family member or loved one, please contact the Director of Facility and Resident Care or Site Manager. Contact information for each of our locations can be found here