Be Part of the MacLeod Cares Team
MacLeod Cares is Atlantic Canada’s trusted name in senior care. It’s in our name. It’s what we do! With a team of over 1000 employees, we take pride in the safe, professional and high-quality care we provide to 650 residents at 13 locations across 3 provinces. Make the career choice that’s right for you and join our growing family now. With positions in all departments, flexible hours, great benefits and wonderful people – join our team now and see the difference for yourself.
- Applying from outside of Canada? Click here for more details around your eligibility
MacLeod Cares is pleased to welcome health care worker from around the globe. If you are applying for one of our jobs from outside of Canada, you MUST FIRST complete the provincial health authority and immigration application process. To do so:
- You must have completed language testing by an official service provider for immigration Canada,
- You have an updated resume
- You have written a cover letter directed to the Health Authority that includes:
- A section about yourself,
- Your spouse (occupation and background),
- Family size (spouse and children),
- Settlement needs (relocation, schooling, spousal employment, etc)
- Your preferred location plus other relevant factors you may wish to share with a prospective employer (work experience, education etc.)
Once you have ALL the above information you must then complete our Foreign National Expression of interest, which you can find HERE.
If you have an open work permit (not employer specific) such as a spousal open work permit, or a post-grad work permit, you MAY apply directly through https://hans.startdate.ca/#/, even if you DO NOT have official language test results (but it is required that you obtain it as soon as possible)
If you have one, it is preferable you apply through our expression of interest to ensure we match you with an “immigration ready” employer meeting minimum immigration criteria,
If you apply through StartDate, let our HR Team know to engage our immigration specialists to help you and your prospective employer undergo the necessary procedures, following your successfully placement.
What happens after you apply? The Process (Step-by-Step)
- Candidates will undergo a process to ensure all documentation, minimum eligibility for immigration, and work qualifications are met.
- Complete an Orientation Program on,
- Discover Nova Scotia, A presentation by the Government of Nova Scotia
- Licensing in Canada as an Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN), A presentation by the PASS Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs)\
- The Recruitment & Immigration Process, A presentation by Health Association Nova Scotia (HANS)
- Post Arrival Supports, A presentation by YREACH (YMCA) Settlement Program o Your First Week in Canada, A presentation by NEXT Stop Canada (YMCA)
- And more…
- Complete a one-on-one HR Interview with an HR Professional.
- Get matched with an employer in the Continuing Care sector – like MacLeod Cares
- HANS HR & Immigration Professionals will support the necessary procedures for you, and your prospective employer to:
- Identify and pursue the appropriate immigration programs
- Complete and submit work permit and permanent residency applications
- Identify and connect you with all the necessary settlement resources you will require to make the move.
We look forward to working with you and welcoming you to MacLeod Cares!
Current Career Opportunities
Why Work at MacLeod Cares?
We offer lots of great benefits including competitive wages, health & wellness coverage, on-the-job training, flexible hours, growth opportunities and more!
Our team ROCKS! We wouldn’t be the company we are today without our loyal team of amazing people who love their job and treat each other, with kindness & respect.
A Caring Work Environment
The safety and well-being of our people are a top priority. We care deeply and treat everyone like family. You are always supported at MacLeod Cares. It’s what we do!
I love everything about MacLeod Cares. I think it is absolutely great and I love all the people and staff.Eugene W
Coming to live here and leaving my home was not a choice I hoped to have to make but it was a choice I was happy to make to give peace to my family, and to myself. I have been living here for a year now and I love the exercise classes, the outdoor walking trails and the setting of our home. The view every day is beautiful.Lise F