MacLeod Port Hawkesbury Nursing Home
About This Job
Registered Nurses are a part of the health care team that provide resident’s with medical oversight as a result of physician direction. Registered Nurses are responsible to co-ordinate all aspects of a resident’s care plan to ensure that needs are met as defined in the care goals. All duties performed will follow optimal safety standards to ensure the comfort and safety of residents and safety of staff and visitors:
The RN is the supervisor on Duty when the DFRC (Director of Facility and Resident Care) is not in attendance.
- Currently a Registered Nurse of the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in nursing, preferably in a Long Term Care setting.
- Experience in supervision, with good leadership skills:
- Good communication skills
- Able to delegate efficiently and effectively
- Able to evaluate nursing performance
- Able to accurately assess resident needs/programs
- Able to set goals and measure outcomes
- Able to do his/her job with minimal supervision
- Able to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Knowledgeable of resident rights and resident need for autonomy
- Must maintain a yearly CPR/First Aid recertification.
- Alzheimer and Related Dementia course an asset.
- Good health, able to attend work regularly on a consistent basis.
- Applies current knowledge by attending in services, workshops, and reading related articles.
- WHMIS Training.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the over all care for residents and supervision of staff when the Director of Nursing is not in the building. Strong leadership skills are essential with an ability to problem solve and coordinate resources among the care team. Clinical skills and knowledge of Geriatric care are essential.
At MacLeod Cares, we pride ourselves of offering a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package. MacLeod Cares is also an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more details on this role, download a full version of the Registered Nurse job description here