MacLeod Surf Lodge Nursing Home
About This Job
Registered Nurses are a part of the health care team that provide resident’s with medical oversight as a result of physician direction. Registered Nurses are responsible to co-ordinate all aspects of a resident’s care plan to ensure that needs are met as defined in the care goals. All duties performed will follow optimal safety standards to ensure the comfort and safety of residents and safety of staff and visitors:
- Develop, implement and utilize the care plan process and document to set priorities and plan daily care and duties
- Update pertinent care information on documentation records and update RN at end of shift
- Ensure that all residents needs are met through oversight of LPN and PCW/CCA responsibilities. Responsible to ensure resident status is maintained and coordinate medical oversight of status changes with physician and family.
- Participate in the overall management of resident care and the environment which may include but not be limited to : OH&S Committee, Infection Control Committee, Interdisciplinary Care Committee, etc
- Promotes resident’s optimal functioning by encouraging residents to make choices and remain as independent as possible.The RN ensures that this is reflected in the resident care plan.
- Demonstrate competency in safe work procedures and general safety program which include but are not limited to : safe transfer techniques, proper use of personal protective equipment, fire safety procedures, WHIMIS, evacuation procedures, etc
The RN is the supervisor on Duty when the DFRC (Director of Facility and Resident Care) is not in attendance.
- Currently a Registered Nurse of the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in nursing, preferably in a Long Term Care setting.
- Experience in supervision, with good leadership skills:
- Good communication skills
- Able to delegate efficiently and effectively
- Able to evaluate nursing performance
- Able to accurately assess resident needs/programs
- Able to set goals and measure outcomes
- Able to do his/her job with minimal supervision
- Able to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Knowledgeable of resident rights and resident need for autonomy
- Must maintain a yearly CPR/First Aid recertification.
- Alzheimer and Related Dementia course an asset.
- Good health, able to attend work regularly on a consistent basis.
- Applies current knowledge by attending in services, workshops, and reading related articles.
- WHMIS Training.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the over all care for residents and supervision of staff when the Director of Nursing is not in the building. Strong leadership skills are essential with an ability to problem solve and coordinate resources among the care team. Clinical skills and knowledge of Geriatric care are essential.
At MacLeod Cares, we pride ourselves of offering a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package. MacLeod Cares is also an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more details on this role, download a full version of the Registered Nurse job description here