MacLeod Shiretown Nursing Home
About This Job
As a housekeeper for MacLeod Cards, you would provide clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees, and public. You would be required to work within well-established guidelines and promote sanitary conditions, which prevent the spread of infection and odours. This position is accountable for:
- Operating a variety of commercial and residential equipment within well-established guidelines in the performance of laundry services in a centralized laundry operation.
- Maintain Home in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Follow cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.,) established by the manager.
- Clean assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
- Clean bathroom and disinfects all fixtures, floors, and walls ensuring to replacing bathroom supplies
- Clean floors with dry mops, wet mops, sweeps, waxes, buffs, disinfects where and when necessary.
High school diploma/GED.
Possess a clear Venerable Sector Criminal Records Check
Experience with environmental service and/or nursing home work preferred.
Any satisfactory combination of education, training, experience, or abilities in a related field.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual.
At MacLeod Cares, we pride ourselves of offering a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package. MacLeod Cares is also an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information on this role, you can download a more detailed job description here