MacLeod Ivey’s Terrace Nursing Home
About This Job
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, as the Dietary Aide, you are accountable to perform a variety of tasks in the preparation, service, and clean up for meals served to residents, staff and visitors in accordance with all policies and regulations for safety, hygiene and the Home’s food preparation procedures.
- Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Quality Assurance
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Assist in meal preparation and service to residents, staff and guests in a professional and courteous manner
- Assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.
- Set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required
- Clean dishware, cutlery at the conclusion of each seating as required
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of kitchen and dining area(s) as required
- Cleans equipment as required
- Assist with catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events
- Assist in the orientation and training of new dietary employees
- Follow and comply with health and safety legislation, departmental safe work procedures
- Be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavour to respect and promote it
- Attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- Attend resident meetings as required to be aware of changes and provide input
Perform other related duties as required
- High school diploma/GED.
- Experience in Dietary Operations and/or nursing home work preferred.
- Any satisfactory combination of education, training, experience, or abilities in a related field.
- Food Handlers Certificate
- WHMIS Certificate
- Possess a clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another individual.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to cooperate with other employees.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions.
- Economical use of supplies, care and use of equipment.
- Must be able to accomplish all responsibilities with little supervision.
- Will be in an industrial kitchen, which will require some lifting, standing for extended periods, exposure to temperature variations
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc.
- Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel under all circumstances, which may be traumatic situations.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds required
- Overtime as required.
At MacLeod Cares, we pride ourselves of offering a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package. MacLeod Cares is also an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.