Long-Term Care Assistant
MacLeod Surf Lodge Nursing Home
About This Job
As a Long Term Care Assistant, you can expect various duties throughout the home while supporting resident programs, dining, light housekeeping and comfort to residents through friendship and conversation.
In collaboration with support from the care team, the LTCA is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Perform light housekeeping duties such as tidying residents’ rooms and collecting the garbage, cleaning closets, hanging clothing, making beds, cleaning washbasins, dental care cups, etc.
- Answer call bells and redirect when appropriate. Provide items of comfort, sitting with residents/clients and having purposeful conversations, etc.
- Assisting with the residents’ dining experience under the direction of the Nurse, including but not limited to:
- Escort residents to and from dining areas;
- Setting up and clearing tables, pouring beverages and delivering meals to residents;
- Assist and support resident programming such as, but not limited to:
- recreational programs;
- visitation program
- Assist in the preparation and cleanup of activity rooms and visit areas
- Grade 12 education or non-academic equivalent
- Pre-employment vulnerable sector check required
- Previous experience in senior care, group home, caring for a family member/friend will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to gain training related to role as per the facility’s policy and guidelines and as reflected in the job duties. Examples could include, but not limited to:
- Environmental hazard awareness (WHMIS)
- Infection control practices
- Dementia awareness
- Food safety.
At MacLeod Cares, we pride ourselves of offering a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package. MacLeod Cares is also an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more details on this role, download a full version of the Long Term Care Assistant job description here