MacLeod South Shore Villa Retirement and Nursing Home
About This Job
The position reports directly to the RN, Director of Facility and resident Care as well as the Director of Resident & Employee Programs. As part of a team, the Activity Worker is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of group and individual activities for residents that:
• matches residents expectations and preferences
• satisfies residents social, cultural, spiritual, and recreational interest
• meets the needs of the resident
Duties involve personal contact with a varying resident population and a varied work schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays. Other tasks also involved include but not limited to: resident assessments, charting, computerized and paper record keeping, volunteer coordination, use of supplies and equipment, and maintenance of storage areas.
• Completion of Therapeutic Recreation diploma or acceptable Equivalent (experience/training)
• 1 years’ experience in the development, organization and delivery of therapeutic programs
• Completion of a Dementia Care education program would be an asset
- Previous satisfactory work experience will be considered
- Previous work attendance will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and accept accountability for actions taken
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and supportive relationships, seeking and exchanging information, teamwork.
- Effective work practice-accountable, dependable, flexible, have good planning and organizing skills, sets goals and meets deadlines, result-oriented, resourceful and be resident focused.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Demonstrated strong communication skills verbal/written.
- Holds in confidence all matters and advice pertaining to residents, staff.
- Promotes and maintains good working relationships and communications within the facility, with other health care program personnel and with residents, families, volunteers and the community.
At MacLeod Cares, we pride ourselves on offering a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package. MacLeod Cares is also an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00 p.m., AUGUST 6, 2021
To explore this employment opportunity further, please forward your resume by e-mail only to: Brad.MacMillan@macleodgroup.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.