MacLeod Mahone Bay Nursing Home
Mahone Nursing Home is a MacLeod Cares Nursing Home located in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia and is part of Macleod Group Health Services LTD (MGHSL). This new position is being introduced in response to our growing team and the importance of proper settlement services to ensure the welcoming of international workers.
The Settlement Coordinator will need to be an innovative and self-motivated individual committed to ensuring MGHSL provides the support needed to empower newcomers, individuals and families to successfully integrate into the wider community. This role will be accountable to support newcomer’s access to, housing, transportation, programs, services, etc. The successful candidate will be a creative, efficient and resourceful person, with strong interpersonal skills. They will have the ability to tackle the challenges to create a safe, welcoming and enjoyable experience both at work and in the community.
This position offers a hybrid work environment with travel across the province while focusing on the Mahone Bay area. Our team is seeking an individual who is committed to service excellence and providing quality person-centered settlement services. MGHSL offers positive, fair, fun, and productive workplaces where you can grow your career.
Do you possess:
- Post-secondary education in social science and or community development
- At least two years of experience assisting or providing settlement services
- An understanding and awareness of the refugee experience, and immigration process
- Developed relationships with settlement providers within the Maritimes
- Experience in program delivery
- A valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Strong organizational skills, English communication skills, and presentation skills
- Proof of COVID vaccination
Then we welcome you to apply to Lindsay Ross Manager of Recruitment & Retention by October 14 at 4 pm AST to email@example.com subject line MBSC
This is an 18-month term position with the possibility for extension or conversion to a permanent position.
MGHSL is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We encourage African Nova Scotians, Indigenous, people of colour, LGTBQ, and people with disabilities to apply.
Great people are the foundation of our success!